Founded in 1975, the Streeterville Organization of Active Residents (SOAR) is a 501(c)3 non-profit, non-partisan volunteer organization. SOAR’s mission is to work on behalf of Streeterville residents by preserving, promoting, and enhancing the quality of life and community in Streeterville.
SOAR's goals are to:
- Build and celebrate community by encouraging community involvement and recognizing talents, contributions and success
- Ensure thoughtful development by reviewing, shaping and improving development proposals in conjunction with formalized planning principles and guidelines
- Promote safety and well-being by championing public safety initiatives, encouraging environmental awareness and providing educational programming
- Connect building leadership by providing a forum for board members and building managers of Streeterville residential buildings to network, share information about managing and maintaining buildings, and help one another become effective advocates for our individual buildings
- Partner with local businesses in creating and maintaining a vibrant urban landscape to the benefit of all Streeterville constituents