This year SOAR (Streeterville Organization of Active Residents) celebrated its 40th anniversary. As we conclude this milestone and move into a new decade, we launch our Annual Appeal and ask you to consider a year-end contribution. This contribution will help SOAR continue to provide advocacy, information, and education for Streeterville residents and stakeholders.
While many active volunteers donate their time on behalf of SOAR, many of our programs require financial support. Therefore we rely on donations from our friends and neighbors. Here are some examples of the activities we implement through our task forces:
- Parks and Recreation- working to maintain and improve Streeterville Parks
- Greening and Sustainability- protecting and improving our environment
- Safety and Security- the watchdogs of Streeterville
- Traffic and Transportation- helping to improve traffic flow
- Landmarking and Preservation- saving history
- Sound Management- toning it down in Streeterville
- Real Estate- reviewing and making recommendations on Streeterville developments
Additionally we have built and celebrated community through programs such as the SOAR Farmers Market at the MCA Plaza where We Nourish Community. We also hosted the 7th Annual SOAR Artisan Market where we support the local Artisan. And we honored local architecture at our BLUEPRINTs Gala. We continue to beautify Lake Shore Park through our volunteer gardeners. We host informational programs, Aldermanic forums and social events. During this season of giving we gratefully request your support to help us continue with our efforts.
SOAR envisions Streeterville as a vibrant, unique world-class neighborhood in which to live, work and enjoy a high quality of life. We are fortunate to live in this exciting neighborhood and our goal is to keep it that way while continuing to improve it. We truly appreciate your support and will continue to work on your behalf.
CLICK HERE to contribute online or you may mail a check to SOAR, 244 E. Pearson St., Suite 102, Chicago, IL 60611.