SOAR Board of Directors Qualifications and Requirements
To be a candidate for the SOAR Board of Directors you should be a member in good standing of SOAR and live or work within Streeterville’s boundaries (i.e., Chicago River to East Lake Shore Drive/Oak Street, from Rush Street to Lake Michigan).
The SOAR board is a working board. Directors should take an active role on the board in support of our mission and membership.
The Nominating Committee will consider candidates who have a minimum or five years of professional experience and who are willing to:
- serve on two SOAR Committees or lead of a key SOAR event and volunteer at multiple events, for a period of at least one year.
- commit to attending regularly scheduled board meetings and SOAR events
- help set policy, work on SOAR organizational issues and provide fiscal oversight
- support fundraising and development activities and contribute to SOAR’s annual appeal
- serve as an ambassador for SOAR and promote membership in the Streeterville community
To submit an application please click here.